Mayor Doug McCallum’s leadership has delivered record investments in 46 capital projects. Surrey now enjoys new community centres, ice rinks, swimming pools, track & turf fields, and picnic shelters, all while keeping property taxes low and maintaining a balanced budget.
In the 2018 election, Surrey residents asked Mayor Doug McCallum to build infrastructure that had previously been neglected for up to 30 years, such as extending the SkyTrain all the way to Langley and replacing the Bailey Bridge on King George Highway. He delivered on all those promises and more.
On October 15th, 2022, Mayor McCallum is seeking another 4-year term. He will continue to deliver for Surrey residents. The Safe Surrey Coalition platform includes many exciting projects, such as:
- Fast-tracking approvals for SkyTrain extension down King George Blvd to Newton
- Building additional community centres with pools and ice rinks
- Approving housing projects that create attainable & affordable housing
- Continuing to invest in road infrastructure to reduce traffic congestion
- Extending 72nd Avenue through to 176th Street
- Building on Surrey’s achievements in environmental sustainability